Why Join the International Marcé Society?
The International Marcé Society for Perinatal Mental health is an international society for the understanding, prevention and treatment of mental illness related to childbearing. The principal aim of the society is to promote, facilitate and communicate about research into all aspects of the mental health of women, their infants and partners around the time of childbirth. This involves a broad range of research activities ranging from basic science through to health services research.
As a member of Marcé, you are a part of a society whose members work to:
- Exchange the latest advances in research
- Facilitate communication and collaboration in research
- Promote educational programs to effectively disseminate new research findings, both in the scientific community and to the lay public
- Encourage publication of research
- Increase the public understanding of the personal, familial and societal impact of the mental health of women, their infants and partners
- Support increased research funding for prenatal and postpartum women’s mental health research around the world
- Promote the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and its application in clinical psychiatric practice
Your membership in the International Marcé Society offers:
- Special Recognition at the Biennial Conference for Diamond Members
- Complimentary subscription to the Archives of Women’s Mental Health for Gold and Diamond Members
- Special Interest Group opportunities
- Discounted registration to International and Regional conferences
- Members Only Newsletters
- The ability to join the member listserv, with discussions related to all issues surrounding pregnancy and questions about treatment, medication, new studies, special cases, and much more
- Email updates on meetings, announcements on new findings, and stories and features from physicians, nurses, midwives, and other specialists in the field
The International Marcé Society consists of a general International group, as well as Regional Groups which act as branches of the Society. Regional Groups provide the opportunity for members to collaborate, share information, and build relationships with colleagues who are closer geographically or who share a common language. Members may join the group that best fits their language preference or current location, or may join the International Society without selecting a Regional Group. There are five levels of membership in the International Society:
DIAMOND Membership – $250 USD, includes a complimentary subscription to the official journal of the Society, the Archives of Women’s Maternal Mental Health, as well as special acknowledgement in the newsletter and at the Biennial Congress
GOLD Membership – $200 USD, includes the Journal subscription
SILVER Membership – $80 USD
L&MI COUNTRIES Membership – $20 USD, available only for countries in World Bank categories B, C, D, & E
STUDENT Membership – $20 USD, excludes voting privileges
To confirm whether to join the International group or another Regional Group, please click here for further explanation.
Previously a member but your membership has expired? Click Here.